18 January 2010

I Miss The Internet

So I know we haven't updated this blog here, but I do have a good reason. For some reason unknown to us we have been unable to connect to wireless at our home. It's really inconvienent since this is one way I am able to keep up with family. However, I am sitting at a local coffee shop that has wireless.

Recent and past events...

To start, Christmas was fun. We had our friend Albert, his wife Alley and their son/ our godchild Anrique celebrate Christmas at our house. It was fun hanging out with them and playing with their baby. He is such a happy little guy, he has some strange habits, but it makes us laugh. This year we had told ourselves we were not going to buy as many presents as last year because we had to cut costs. To our surprise we did well not buying a lot for each other and others. Our tree on the other hand tells a different story. This year it was covered in presents! We have no idea how our tree got taken over? (parents are good to us) Any way Christmas day was very laid back. We opened gifts and ate some food. All in all we had a good time.

My parents also decided to stop by Missoula and visit. They were on their way back from picking up my younger sister Tanya (the one with really curly hair). I convinced my mom to stop because we were having our 22 week ultrasound and we were going to find out the gender. She really wanted to be the first to know because she didn't get to be the first to know about the baby when we first announced it or that jake was going to propose so i figured I should let her in on something:) It was good seeing my family and getting to hang out for a little bit.

They were all excited to see the baby and to find out it was a boy. Which to add is the perfect average weight for how far along we are. Not big and not small which I was glad to hear he wasn't big. I keep telling him that he should be around 6lbs so he doesn't hurt mom too much:) He has been a lot more active or at least we can feel his activity a lot more. It's fun to be able to share the movements with Jacob. I think he really enjoys getting to feel it and talk to him too. It's funny no matter how active the baby is Jacob can always get him to calm down and stay still. Hopefully those abilities work in the coming months.

Now into January. We didn't do anything for New Year's. It's not really our holiday. No resolutions were made. We just recently got back from visiting Idaho. First we went to see Marjean in Driggs. We had an ultrasound there so she could see the baby too. Luckily this one we didn't have to pay for;) This was just a short visit so we didn't get too much done. It was great getting to see her and spend a little time together. After that we headed towards Pocatello to spend some time with Albert and see some other friends. It was wonderful getting to visit with everyone and catch up with them. We haven't seen these friends since the wedding and it's amazing how much life changes in such a little amount of time.

Finally we have begun to read the Percy Jackson series. We've only read the first book, but we are already hooked. Thanks Tom for suggesting those books.

This is about all we have been up to. I will try to post sometime this month, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment