Whew! We have had many rainy days this past month, but we are finally getting some sunshine in. It has stayed in the low 80s the past few days. This has given Jacob and I a chance to spend some time outside enjoying the sun. I have to admit although I like the sun I despise the heat. Even at 80 degrees I am sweating. I know I know how sad.
Any who Jake and I are still looking at places to move into in Idaho. We have found that a lot more places are opening up for July which is exciting. A lot of the new places open are much nicer than what we have been looking at last month. Not much news on the the move.
As for being in Missoula still I have come to enjoy not working as much because it means more time with Jacob. We have been going to the farmers market every Saturday and picking up some yummy food. I was able to make strawberry rhubarb pie the other day. It turned out okay, a little more tart than I would have liked. I have been playing softball tuesdays and thursdays as well. Our team is 2-5 which isn't very good, but hey can't complain. I am slowly getting better. This is the first time I have ever played softball, and I mean ever. Thankfully Jake played some baseball in his younger years and so he has been helping fix the problem spots. He's a good coach:) Jake has also been playing basketball at the church during the evenings. He says that a ton of people having been coming. This is both good and bad because somedays there are too many people and yet other days there are not enough. At least they get to play though:)
I have also been checking out a ton of books from the library. I am up to 6 books read this summer. Mind you the books are not a high reading level. I am trying to read up on popular elementary books from k-8 grade. I like to be able to help students find what they are looking for. Plus I love reading. Jacob link has also been reading a ton of books as well. Actually I am reading and he is listening. We have gone through a lot of books with him. I didn't keep count since they are very easy to read. Oh yeah! Jacob is also mastering the jump. It is really funny to watch because he gets going fast and he does sort of a hop jump. He has a lot of energy and sometimes I wish I could tap into just a small amount of his energy to keep me going too.
We also discovered he does not have much fear. He loves going down BIG slides by hiself. He also enjoys wandering off with out us (exploring might me how he describes it). Don't worry we keep an eye on him and if he strays really far we go catch him (which he thinks is hilarious). I have a feeling we will be battling the Dylan RunOff Syndrome;)
That is all for now.
Cute Cute Cute pictures!! Loved getting to chat today. I didn't realize you guys were getting to play softball and basketball - that's so fun! Good luck keeping your little guy safe...when it's not terrifying it's pretty funny.
ReplyDelete