Well Hello to all of you out there reading this. I think its about 4 groups, but any way I have been bored and I thought I would blog a random thought. A couple of months ago I called my mom requesting that she send me my clarinet from her house. I had this crazy idea that I would pick it up again, you know like riding a bike. When it arrived I put it together to find I was missing the ligature metal piece holding reed on mouth piece- reed is the piece of wood used to play clarinet-for those of you who didn't know). My sister borrowed it a coupl of years ago thinking she would pick it up as well. Needless to say she played it for a year and then it was traded for a flute. I know very sad. Well it that short time she was in possession of my beloved clarinet she didn't give it much love. Back to receiving it, I found the poor thing in alight disrepair, but I was not going to give up there. I put the poor thing together (with the reed taped in place for me, thanks sis). I played a few notes, and realized that I was rusty, very rusty. I put it back in the case. it sat there for a good 3 months looking disapopinted.
Well this week I decided to take my goal a little more seriously. I bought a ligature and put the old girl back together. I sat down and realized I know how to play the notes, but I can't match the note to the sheet music. I found this amusing because I was really hoping it would all just come back to me; it didn't. I am now attempting to relearn each note, which is coming as a bit of a challenge. However by the end of this month I am hoping I can play intermediate music not just hot cross buns. Wish me Luck
I told you this was random.
I posted a comment to this a couple days ago. I didn't complete the comment posting procedure. So... here I am. I'm lazy so I won't re-type what I said, I'll just give you a briefing. Here goes...
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I used to play the clarinet too. We too break out the instruments every now and then and geek out on our band days. Keep playing!
The end. :o)