24 August 2009

Friday Picnic In The Park

We went on a picnic on Friday and it was very hot. Luckily we could stay under a giant tree which kept us somewhat cool. There were no kids or families or really any people there that day. This was lucky for us because we really like our peace and quiet when doing things. I am guessing nobody was willing to bear the heat. I would say it was high 90s low 100s. Anyway we packed up some lunch and went to eat. After setting up our little space a bee decided to join us. This was an unwelcome sighting. For about 8 minutes we tried to put the little guy to rest without destroying our food in the process. Eventually I either sent him away to the great beyond or he just got tired of us. We finished eating and read some Harry Potter. Though reading didn't last too long because we started playing catch. We really haven't had a chance to just hang out this summer, so it was nice to do something together that didn't evolve extreme planning or money on our part.

No comments:

Post a Comment