11 May 2010

Weather is so Disappointing

This past week we have had the ugliest weather. It has been so dreary outside with rain, dark clouds, and wind. I am very excited that we are only going to be here for about another year because I don't think I can take anymore of this town. We rarely have nice sunny days. I have no idea how people plant gardens with the lack of sunshine. I now see why people go to tanning booths. I guess fake sun is better than no sun at all. Being cooped up in this house is driving me nuts. Baby Jacob and I are dreadfully bored in this place. If I knew how to make a quilt I would try, but I've never been shown how. Which is why I am looking forward to this coming family reunion (if you don't know they are making quilts). I hope to learn some valuable skills with the old ladies:) These ugly days also make me wish we had a home to ourselves (not attached to anyone). If we had our own home I feel there would be more for me to do. Any way I thought I would send my weather complaint out for the world to read.

On the brighter side of things Baby Jacob's last doctors appointment went very well. He was very brave (according to the doctor) when getting his stuff snipped. We of course were babies and didn't even go with him to watch. Yes we are some brave parents:) He weighs 8lbs which is well over his birth weight. Thank goodness he is growing I was concerned I wasn't feeding him enough food even though he eats every 2-3 hours now. I have to admit this whole parenting thing is very exhausting and I would like to know what it is like to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time. However it is all worth it because Baby Jacob is so cute and he has already developed a little personality. He is pretty funny to watch some times. For example the other day he fell asleep in my arms and his pacifier was barely hanging on his lip. So I said "oh you don't need this now" and took it out. Right as I took it out he did this high pitched whine and then puffed his bottom lip out in a pout. I laughed and put the pacifier back in his mouth and he instantly gave a little smile and fell back asleep. What a little stinker. If only I could have recorded that moment.

Well he is waking up and that means he's hungry, so have a most wonderful week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. by all means please came to the land of all 4 seasons and none of them are to the extreme

    those early days are so hard and I just remember them like a blur - hang in there Mommy!!

    to feel the time I started a playgroup (naturally it was just me getting together with women who also had a baby around the same age and talking and eating - it got me out of the house) Oh and I started scrap booking (something I said I would never do and I did it anyways

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Remember... cloudy days just make us appreciate the sunny days even more. If we lived in a perfect world, we'd never have anything to appreciate. And finally.... have faith in the sun even when it's not shining. (That is what's written on my little desk figurine (that my mom got me) at the office. :o)

    ReplyDelete