18 August 2011

A Busy Month It Has Been

It has been quite a month around here. I have never felt so busy with no work. Let's start at the beginning.

Moving Day/Week

Crazy time. It took forever to pack the last bit of items up. It felt as if stuff was oozing out of the walls. We have no idea we had so much stuff. I'm still not sure how it all fit inside that apartment. Clowns would be impressed with our ability to pack.
Any way we finally packed everything into boxes and then had to move it into the truck. Luckily we had many wonderful missionaries who came to help in the process. The actually loading of boxes and whatnot took about 1.5 hours. After they left we had to finish the rest of the cleaning, which took a long time. the kitchen was the worst. We ended up leaving the old apartment way later than anticipcated.
On the road we realized we had forgotten the two house plants and a bag of flour on the fridge. Jake was disappointed because he was the one who brought those plants to life. Let me tell you I am still impressed by his ability to make things grow. This plant was sad when we got, but somehow it grew vines that were a good 10+ feet. I know impressive. I think I might be asking for help on the garden next year.

The Drive:
It STUNK! That pretty much sums it up. Because we left so late, around midnight. I was tired and still had to drive a good 6 hours. Towards the last 2 hours I was beating myself to stay awake. I wasn't always like this either, I used to love driving long distances. I called Jake during the drive and told him, "I HATE driving and I am NEVER doing this again. AND we are buying a helicopter, so I NEVER have to DRIVE again." Did I mention I despise driving. Honestly I have become so accostomed to Jake driving the big trips that it is very difficult for me to stay awake. I now have a new appreciation for his ability to drive for extended periods of time. THANKS LOVE YOUR THE BEST!!!!

Arrival to new City:
We arrived in Pocatello around 530 or 6 (in the morning) and took a nap at our friends Alberts. After our nap we all headed to the new house to unload. A few old buddies of Jake's came to help us unload as well. The truck took no time (at least that's how it felt) to unload. Marjean was nice enough to help us out with Jacob Link. Thank goodness too because he can be quite the handful. He got tired enough that he fell asleep on his grandma for an hour. What a trooper he was.
We begun to unpack everything in the house. I started with the kitchen because I always feel it is the easiest. Of course it is the room with the most boxes, at least for us it is. I was surprised to find out how well everything fit. At first I got a little concerned becuase we really don't have that many drawers, but it all came together.

Rooms/ House:
Jacob Links room was the first room to be officially completed with wall hangings and all. I think he is excited to have his own little room with all his toys. His friend Anrique came over and Jacob showed him around his new room. They like stomping on the floor because it is extra loud (wood floors).
Our room has super cool lights that dim with just a touch of the finger. I am still really excited about that. Jacob Link also likes that feature in our room. When we let him touch it he watches the light dim and undim and says "oooo!" It's pretty cute.
We are really excited to have a guest/computer/excercise room. Yup pretty universal. This room is far from finished. Very Very Far. To add to the craziness of this room it has awesome wood panelling on one wall. Not sure what the owners were thinking when they put that up.
Okay the living room rocks because I have a nice big window that lets in real sunlight. (let me add that my biggest complaint about our last home was not enough windows.) I love the paint job int his room too. Also not finished, we still need photos up and the surround sound.
I do enjoy the kitchen. Brand new appliances are very nice indeed. The dish washer is still tiny, but no big deal when there are 3 people doing the dishes. There is even space for the table and it doesn't clutter the cooking space either.
Downstairs is our roomates domain and he calls it the bat cave. Yes, we live with a nerd, but can you expect any less from us:) The downstairs is really big and it has a wood burning stove too:) There is a storage sapce where the washer and dryer go, with lots of room for extra stuff.
The garage is very long, but narrow. Jakes truck has no hope going in there, but maybe my car if we organize.
Finally the yard. YAY fenced back yard. Good space for our growing boy. He is such a boy too. The front lawn needs some TLC, but soon it will look good too. The front yard also has a really steep hill that is super fun for the boys to mow;)

Well That sums up the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment