During the month of October we did a few fun things around town. Jake got involved with some of his Fraternity Brothers. He and his brothers made a large float for the homecoming parade for ISU. Jacob Link and I went up to the parade to watch daddy and maybe collect some candy as well. It was a beautiful day. Jacob enjoyed watching all the floats and dancing to the music. He also picked up on the fact that they were throwing candy and helped some kids collect it. He eventually discovered that there was delcious eats under the wrapper and so snuck a few. We also went to our first ISU football game. It was loud and wild and very fun for the family.
We (Jake, Marjean and I) also went to our first pumpkin patch/ corn maze. We started at the corn maze. There were two mazes, onw was a straw toddler maze and the other was the larger corn maze. We invited our friends Alley and Albert with their son Anrique. The boys had fun making there way through the little corn maze. Once they mastered this we all headed into the corn maze. This maze is designed to be educational and so we learned a lot about Idaho's agriculture. You had to answer the questions right in order to know which way to turn. It was fun the boy lasted a long time running through the maze and discovering new things. Jacob Link got tired first, he made it through a little over half the maze! Eventually we had to carry him out. After the mazes we went over to the pumpkin patch to find Jacob his first carving pumpkin. We let Jacob Link pick his pumpkin out.
We also Carved out a cardboard box house for jacob. He enjoys sitting in it. It also has a garage. Jacob enjoys answering the door when you knock on it also. He thinks it's hilarious.
A few weeks later, closer to halloween. We carved jacobs pumpkin. Jacob Link helped a little bit. He would come and go as I was gutting the pumpkin. I don't think he liked the texture too much. Jacob then saw that mom was cutting the pumpkin and he got a little more interested. We decided to carve Link's triforce symbol into the pumpkin. It turned out really cool.
Side note: Jacob Link loves his little balck rainboots. He tries to wear them with everything and with just a diaper on.
Thanks for posting! For a while I thought you two had given up the blogging. I know it can be a hassle at times, but we do like reading up on how things are going and looking at your fun photos! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove your posts and all the pictures!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI know I get behind so easily. I just hate waitinf for photos to upload. lol
ReplyDelete